CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Sheila D!


Today is the big 40! for someone that I love. Today is my good friend Sheila's 40th birthday. Many get depressed on this day and simply don't want to talk about it. Many mope around at the very thought of growing older. Well I guess you could see it that way and then you could see it Sheila's way and be "grateful" and thankful for everyday, everything and everybody. There isn't hardly a time that you don't see her that she doesn't bring a smile to your face. This is a special gift, but what makes it even more special is that Sheila was diagnosed with cancer in this very month two years ago. God allowed me to be with her when she heard the news of the big"C". I have never seen a person with so much courage. Yes, she has had her down times, but is almost always "optimistic". She has been given "so" many reasons to gripe and complain (much like her friend Beth), but not her, she takes life in stride and tends to put self aside and do for others. She is an inspiration and helps me to keep life in perspective.

Happy Birthday Sheila D!

1 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Amen and Amen - I love Sheila D.!!! She is still old however! : ) he he... Seriously, I just don't know what I would do without you guys! Thank you God for these special friends!