CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"remarkably and wonderfully made", but tired!

As I looked at my devotional today, one of the reference verses was
Psalm 139:14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
Please bear with me, I just have to vent. I am a Christian and I have much faith, but as the title states, I am simply getting tired. On one side, I am so grateful for my problems, because they are mine and so small compared to others, but it doesn't help going through them nonetheless sometimes.
My health just stinks in soooo many ways. Those who know me, know that I am a disaster in many ways in the health sense. I think that I take it all in stride and I try not to let it get me down. I try not to completely unload on my friends all of the time, because everyone has problems. I get up "put on my big girl panties" and go on, because "by golly" God allowed me to have another day and I thank him. Lately though I just can't seem to put it on the back burner. For some reason I seem to have this high rate of inflammation going on in my body that will not go away. We have taken my levels several times and they just won't go down. I am beginning to get knots on the joints in my hands and there are days that I cringe at opening up a coke top or wringing out a rag. This joint pain has gotten really bad in my hands and my eversotroublesome feet and legs. I am being sent to a rheumatologist to rule out something like Lupus or Rheumatoid Arthritis. I guess this seems minor to many, but I would have to list all of my other malfunctions to put it in perspective. He definately hasn't said it, but I know it gets tiresome for Pat as well. It's not easy having a spouse I am sure who never feels good at night. My baby boy even had to pump my gas yesterday because I couldn't turn the gas cap. And to top it all off I went for more levels today and was told that I could be diagnosed with Diabetes with the sugar level that registered and I now have to go back for that.
I say all of this friends, to simply ask you to pray for me to be more tolerant of this body that God has given me and to know that nothing is in vain. I do not ask for you to pray that I don't have the above conditions, but that the doctors find out what is going on so that I can move on with whatever course of action that I need to and get on with life and be the best momma, wife and friend that I can be. Thanks for listening! Have a "blessed" week, don't take the small things too seriously, laugh alot (it is truly good medicine) and love more! Beth

2 comments:

Stephenie said...

Praying for you!

Leigh Ann said...

You know I love you and am always here for you whatever you need! Just "holler"! I pray for you daily. I couldn't make it without you! : )