CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Renegade Mini Van Momma!

I almost forgot to tell everyone about my exciting adventure before the date with the hubby!

I was coming in front of our vet clinic on Friday and suddenly a State Trooper pulls out behind me, the "Mini Van Bandit" with lights blazing! I look in the rear view mirror and notice that not only is he following, but a Sheriff's car had pulled in behind him in pursuit of me as well. I pulled over and the trooper comes to the window and says, "Maam, I need to see your license.", I handed him my license, hoping he wouldn't arrest me for impersonating a skinnier woman and he looked at them and said, "Are you from around here?". I almost got tickled and simply said, "Yes Sir", while pointing to the vet clinic. He then said, "Is this your vehicle?", I really got tickled then and the devil in me was thinking, "Naw! I just stole it, it was too fine to resist!", but I minded my manners and laid claim to the fine grey specimen of a vehicle in which I sat. He then went on to ask me if I was aware that my tag was expired. I showed him my new tag and explained that my dear sweet husband had not found time to do it since I bought it last may. (By the way, I have tried, but a screw is stripped out.) He made me promise that I would go straight home and take care of this and I promised and crossed my heart! As he went to walk off, much to my dismay he noticed my inspections sticker which had expired last May with my tag. And for this, I was awarded a little yellow driving award!

Oh well, life goes on! I have to wonder though, what they both were thinking to think that I required two of our finest to pursue me. "Hey dude, here comes a mini van with an expired tag! The middle aged lady that is driving looks tired, like she may have worked all day, just got through fussing with her kids, spilled a coke in the console, just realized she forgot to get her hormones filled and knows that we have noticed her tag is expired. Dude, I'm gonna need back up!" Ha! Ha! Have a good night!

7 comments:

Pat said...

What a clever, witty and hilarious account of an otherwise ordinary event. You're a very creative writer....thanks for the chuckle! Also the memories....years ago, I went to Brookhaven, got groceries, picked up pizzas to bring home to my then very young boys...and was swarmed by two police cars, sirens blaring, lights flashing, on the on-ramp getting back on I-55. One of the officers was very determined to be arrogant and rude, but I could see him sniffing and wondering about the delicious aroma that seemed to be distracting him!

Melinda said...

Barney strikes again!!! I sure do miss living down there. Thanks for the comments on my blog. It was good to hear from you!

melanie said...

Girl, I am doubled over with laughter! Thank you for sharing that. I needed a good laugh. Have a great day!

Jeanne Wroten said...

I was laughing out loud reading that!

Leigh Ann said...

You've been tagged! Don't fuss! This will give you a subject for a new blog post. ;) See my post! Then you do it!

Unknown said...

LoL!

Lil_Britt_Girl said...

OMG!!! I almost wet peed my pants laughing!!! Girl, you are crazy! I always new you were a danger... guess the cops finally caught on! Ha ha ha! Love ya, girlie!!!