CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 12, 2009

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun....

I am a complete 80's girl, I grew up in the land of fluorescent shirts and plastic jewelry, parachute pants, barrettes with little ribbon braided on them and watching Friday Night Videos hoping to get a glimpse of Cyndi Lauper, Madonna or the new Thriller video.
Well I have a daughter who is a girl after my own heart, she is all 80's at heart.
She has been saving her money lately and even working to make more to make a trip to Rue 21. I had put it off for a couple of days, but today was the day.
That place is a complete explosion and tribute to the 80's. It was mass chaos, but I had so much fun watching her go around mixing and matching clothes, trying them on and asking my opinion about outfits. Every so often she would say, "Momma, I am having so much fun." My baby girl is her own little person and with her own creative style. Others may not always understand it, but she seems to be comfortable in her own skin and I am grateful for it.
All in all, it was just a good trip shopping with my baby girl! I know all to well that it won't be very long before I won't be quite as cool as I am now, my opinion on clothes definitely won't be as coveted and I will be missing these little times that God has allowed me to have.
Thank you Lord for these little moments with my children and help me never to take them for granted or let one by without seizing it. :D

3 comments:

Samantha said...

I had the same shopping trip with my precious daughter this weekend. I too enjoyed every minute of it and was thrilled with her selections of neon colors and peace signs! I treasure these times!

Tiff said...

Right there with ya!! I'm stuck in the 80's too! love my satellite radio it has a 80's station!!

Joddie said...

Enjoy those days while you can. Madge has her own "punky brewster" look and I just let her go with it. There is worse things she could be doing I say :) Thank the Lord she isn't a shopper, but JoBea makes up for both! Glad you both had a great time...that's what it's all about. Tell her I want to see pics. of her new outfits on here.