CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 28, 2009

One Sick Daddy!

There's alot of things I can handle, but I can't handle Pat being as sick as he has been these last few days!

Pat came in on from Mrs. Karen's funeral last Sunday and said, "I feel awful. My head is hurting so bad I can't stand it and my neck is stiff and my arms are really hurting." I thought that this didn't sound really good. Well, throughout the course of the week he got 4 antibiotic shots and saw his daddy or Karen daily. Every day instead of getting better he continued to get worse. Every day I continued to get more and more worried. Finally Friday he got to where he couldn't even swallow soup and I called his daddy and said that something had to give. I couldn't stand him like this any longer.
We went to Dr. Mooney and he said that Pat had strep and it had gotten in his lymph nodes bad, throat and had gotten in his body and caused him to become septic.
Sooooo, long story short we spent Friday through Saturday in the hospital getting lots of IV antibiotics. Slowly but surely he has gotten better and we got to come home. He has 10 more days on two different antibiotics and then hopefully we will be through and well.
You never know in life what awaits you around the corner. We are thankful for all of our friends checking on us and praying for us throughout this little trial. We are blessed richly with friendships!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad he is getting better!

Samantha said...

Been praying for you guys!