CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 8, 2009

A New Chapter.....

It's been a while since I posted and what a depressing post my last one was! lol
I have been thinking alot lately about life in general. Sitting back realizing the blessings that surround me and the journey that I have traveled throughout my life.
I have had alot of trials in my life that I absolutely don't regret because they have shaped me into who I am. I have spent a large part of my adult life trying to keep everyone happy around me, many times at my own expense because of fear of losing people and having people be upset with me.
Well lately I have been thinking more about how fully I am living my life and realizing more and more daily that I only have one life and that I simply am not getting any younger, nor am I guaranteed tomorrow.
I want to write a new chapter in my life. I want to enjoy what God has blessed me with without reservations. I have a wonderful husband, two beautiful babies and an abundance of friends. I am tired of saying not now, maybe later, I wish I had..... and so on. I am realizing it is okay to say No and if I want to do something that is just for me at times, it is okay also and I don't have to have permission or approval from the world.
People who truly love me, are gonna love me, unconditionally!
In all of this thinking I have decided to try a weight reduction program that is medically monitored. It is drastic, it is strict, but I am simply to that point! I have been so excited at how supportive my friends have been. It is another weight loss endeavor, but at this point, I can't NOT try. I am going to start praying now and I ask that you do as well for my discipline and for God to change my heart about my health and how I view food. I owe this to myself and my family. I start on July 17th, so start praying now! I am sure that I will need it.
I am beginning to realize that one of the ways that I can make my husband, children, family and friends happier, is not always by what I can do for them, but simply by being happy with myself.
I know this has been alot of random blubbering, but after all, I started blogging as a way to get my thoughts out, not to prove how beautifully I can write. Anyway, anyone who knows me knows I talk randomly "or chase rabbits" all the time. That's what makes me, me!
I encourage you as well to think about how you are living the life that God has given you. Are you living it to it's fullest, or you procrastinating it away, are you living for the happiness of others and never finding yourself happy in the process. Just thoughts to ponder....

2 comments:

Joddie said...

AMEN SISTER! It took me a LONG time to realize I'm not living for everyone else....I'm here to be a servant for Christ. Everything fell in order because I wasn't trying to "make" everyone else happy. Everyday I'm just excited to wake up and ask the Lord what is it today I can do for you. When you change your mindset...things change along with you, lots of times for the better! Keep up the good work in taking care of Beth so you can continue to be HIS hands and feet.

Joddie said...

Um, Barbie and I are very scared of heights also, but she's been before. I AM NOT doing the walk thing that is clear and you seem to be suspended in midair over the canyon. She and I will stand about 1/4 mile away and just admire from a distance. I'll let him know if he can actually go or not. You may hear my screams from there...well, maybe not :)