CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"Joy" in the little things!




Well it has been Monday all day even though it's Tuesday. I teach and being off is nice, but it always throws a kink in things. I've once again spent the day with my mind racing and dwelling on things that I can't change. I even had several people come up to me and say, "What's up, your not your normal self." What is up with you Beth. I muttered through the rest of the day and headed home.


All the way home my babies were asking to carve their pumpkins. This great task began as soon as we hit the door. I started supper and stepped outside with my camera and there they were. My babies enjoying the age old tradition of pumpkin carving that I loved so well as a child. I couldn't help but smile and of course comment on how beautiful they were.


What a little thing, but what "Joy" it gave me today.




I'm go into the laundry room to start the wonderful task of washing clothes. While folding a load my husband appears in the doorway with a beautifully wrapped present that he bought for me today, just because. No way, I hear you Lord!


What a little thing, but what "Joy" it gave me today.




Back in the kitchen I go to finish supper and I hear a noise outside. My husband, without any nagging from me is trimming the bushes in the front of my house. Are you serious!


What a little thing, but what "Joy" it gave me today.




Thank you Lord for showing me all of the little things that bring me so much Joy and reminding me of my blessings!

1 comments:

Jill McCormick said...

The "JOY" is always there you just have to let yourself enjoy it! Only "you" can see your joy and being at home with your family doing the everyday chores, are not always chores, they can bring "JOY"! Love you...Jill