CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 27, 2008

My "Baleigh Bug" is growing up!



Today is my Baleigh Bug's birthday! My baby girl is now 11 years old, where does the time go to? The day is gone for party hats and birthday horns, it is now all about "outings" and planned events! Baleigh wanted to go to Jackson for her birthday this year, so Friday I took her and two friends to Jackson. One of her friend's mom is also a friend and coworker of mine and she was brave enough to ride with me. I took them to the Bonsai steakhouse and then to see Beverly Hills Chiqu....(how do you spell that? Ha! Ha!) They had a blast! Baleigh had never been to Bonsai, I didn't realize it, her eyes were as big as saucers. After Sunday dinner she had a cake with the family and of all things recieved a pair of roller blades from her grandmother. Those that know my Baleigh Bug know that this means "medical procedure"! So far so good though!


I remember the day that she was laid in my husbands arms and he looked at me with tears in his eyes and said, "Look what we did baby!" And now, as I type I hear her in her room singing to her iPod getting ready for a soccer game. I used to be able to sit in a room and listen to her sing to Veggie Tales. It is truly bitter sweet, she has been nothing but a blessing to me, she marches to her own drum, she makes wise decisions, she is kind, she is talented, she is a Christian and she is my daughter and whether I like it or not, she is growing up!!
I love you my sweet baby girl!

2 comments:

Jill McCormick said...

Okay, now you have me crying...you know Baleigh holds a very special place in my heart! I am so proud of who she is growing up to be. I tried to call last night and the line was busy to tell her "Happy Birthday!" I tried your cell and got your voice mail, too! Please tell her I love her and hope she had a happy birthday and Aunt Jill has something special for her! Love you..and my Baleigh!

Stephenie said...

wow! I have not seen Baleigh in a while and she has sure grown up! She is beautiful! Hope that her day was awesome!