CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Prayer for "Little Man"

This week has been a very hard week for me as a Momma. Most people would celebrate at the fact that both of their kids had gone to youth camp for a week and they had a little time to get things done. It has resulted in alot of anxiety for me though. My Baleigh Bug is a complete people person. She loves to meet new people, go to new places and do new things! Camp and traveling are completely up her ally. She has been gone a week and I have only talked to her one time. My "Little Man" is a completely different story. Those that know him know that my Thomas Patrick has severe ADHD and he also has alot of anxiety as well about certain situations. To meet him you would never think it, but he is extremely insecure. He has been an old sole in a small body since the day he was born. He is perfectly comfortable among grown men, doing things such as hunting and working. Many people say we have made him that way, but truly he has always been that way on his own. He is responsible and trustworthy with things that many men can't or won't do. I have seen him cut his hand wide open and simply try and put a bandaid on it and it would need stitches, but a child can bump him or get rough with him at school and he will completely lose it. My "Little Man" has alot of anxiety being around children his own age for some reason. This results in him not playing most sports, though he will beg us to go to games or sit on the sidelines and play. I know in his heart he truly wants too, but he just can't bring himself to. He does not like being around alot of kids, especially children that he doesn't know. Since he has been a little boy, he hasn't even let me invite many more than 3 or 4 to his birthday parties and even then I would catch him playing by himself. So you can imagine the anxiety I had as a mom sending him to camp. He really didn't want to go, but I encouraged him to go, trying to encourage him to try new things. Well he has been a trooper, but it hasn't come easily to him. I got a call Wednesday morning with him having a complete meltdown. He wanted me to come get him NOW all because he didn't want to go into breakout groups with children he didn't know. Then he got separated from his group with Baleigh in a rain storm, which was not a good thing for him. And then there is tonight, I just got off of the phone with him at 12:00 having a complete meltdown once again. He had been roughhousing with the boys and the chaperon, as boys will do. Well tonight they were chunking things at each other and he was hit with a "ketchup pack" of all things a little hard and completely lost it. He cried for I know a solid hour wanting me to come and get him. I knew that this was a result of being completely tired and probably a little bit of getting his feelings hurt, but he was truly convinced that someone had set out to intentionally hurt him, which was the farthest from the truth!!
Tomorrow I will have both of my chicks back in the nest, but it doesn't stop a Momma from worrying about my baby's ability to handle situations in the future, especially as he grows up and finishes school. I guess a mother's praying is NEVER done!, but my heart is burdened tonight for my Little Man! Lord I pray that you give Thomas peace tonight so that he can rest, I pray that you give him strength to handle situations as they arise, I pray that you reveal to him that he is completely surrounded by people who love him and that he is your child Lord and divinely made just the way You wanted him to be! Lord thank you also for the patience and compassion that Angela, Christy and Adam have shown my Little Man throughout this week!
They are truly blessings!

1 comments:

Jill McCormick said...

Praying with you! You know I am with you when it comes to fixing things for our children, but we can't! You are on the right track by lying it in the Lords hands! HE will take care of Thomas and keep doing what you are doing praying and encouraging him to do and go be with kids his own age! He will be fine...I love him and in spite of his weeknesses Thomas is a strong little guy! He is going to make it!