CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Rocking at the Dock

Well we have started our VBS this week every night from 5:30- 9:00. We are only 2 nights into it and, as if I should have ever doubted it, God has already showed up and showed out!
It is completely amazing to me how we are there to minister to and spread the gospel to children and us adults walk away with the bulk of the life lessons.
Well the first night we were learning that God is with us. Why do we as adults forget that we are never alone. As I sat there and assured the children that they are never alone, I think about the times where I feel alone and like I don't have anybody. I know better and through this lesson God gave me assurance once again that he is always with me. Another thing that we discussed is how when Moses saw the burning bush that he argued with God and didn't want to and didn't think he could do what God was asking of him. Once again how many times do we find our self arguing with God about something that he is asking us to do. Sometimes that may be loving someone when they aren't so lovable, sometime that may be forgiving when we don't think we should or sometimes that may be when we are going to trials in life that we just don't think we we can make it through. God is with us, Fear Not!
Well tonight was teaching us that God is Powerful! We talked about the plagues coming over the land when the pharaoh wouldn't free God's people. You know what, the same God that is powerful enough to send plagues across the lands all those years ago, is the same God that is powerful enough to tackle life's problems with us and to give us the strength to do what we need to do in life.
It has been a wonderful week so far, tiring, but rewarding! I have seen the light of Christ in the eyes of small children, I have seen adults rekindle broken relationships, I have seen youth being the hands and feet of God, simply put we have experienced God! Come join us!

0 comments: