CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 27, 2009

Scattered isn't the Word!

Well those that know and love me will tell you that sometimes I am just a little impulsive and scattered brained!
The last couple of days have been one of those times. I have fixated on trading my Bug in and even went so far as to drive home a 4 door Corolla today.
Just what I need, another silver boring vehicle that is practical.
Don't even ask me what started this escapade, but needless to day I found myself driving the "trial" car home thinking the whole way, I have truly lost my mind. When I drove off and left my Bug it was like I was leaving my child! lol :D
How in the world do I get myself into stuff like this? Sure wish I would have called my friend to talk me out of it before I went instead of talking sense into me after I had wasted all of my darn time!
Jill reminded me that I didn't get my Bug to be practical, that I got it because I had always wanted one. I have it decorated with my daisies and even got a cutie tag! It wasn't bought for the comfort of others, but for the happiness it brings to me every time I look at it and drive it.
Thanks Jill! How well you know me. :D
After I had a good afternoon of the cry babies I thought about what I had learned from this whole stupid adventure, because I think everything happens for a reason. I think the human side of us is always searching for something that we think will make us be happier. Whether it be a practical silver 4 door vehicle, a different house, new clothes, some a new spouse (not me!), whatever it may be, without realizing it we talk ourselves into being unhappy at times and start searching for that happiness. Fact is I have everything that makes me happy. I have a wonderful husband and two beautiful children, I have friends that I cherish dearly, a good job and wonderful boss, and yes a daisy decorated "Bug"!
Momma, being my momma who knows me well, said, "Beth I knew you would never be happy getting rid of your Bug, but you had to find out for yourself.".
She's right, but I sure am glad I didn't sign a dotted line before I learned my lesson. :D

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Yay!! I'm so glad you're keeping it! It makes me smile everytime I see it around town.

Lil_Britt_Girl said...

Girl... your blog took the words right out of my mouth! Ha ha! What's sad is that too many times people DO sign on that dotted line before realizing what they really want or don't want. Too bad all of life's choices don't come with a "test drive" wake up call! Glad you're keeping the Bug!!! Love you, Honey!!!