CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 13, 2009

A Vision of Beauty

Well I did it! I took Baleigh to TG McCary and had her 11 yr old portrait done. I did one at 3, now at 11 and her next one will be (gasp!) her senior portrait!
Those that know me know that I love to take pictures of my own babies as well as for others, but this man is truly a master at his craft.
The last visit consisted of bows, a beautiful organdy dress and a chicken nugget happy meal. This visit consisted of a sundress, a straightening iron, an ever so slight ting of makeup and a trip to the Mexican restaurant.
Simply stated, my sweet baby girl is growing up whether I like it or not.
I watched her as she posed for her pictures and she was truly a vision of beauty to my eyes. Her gorgeous thick blonde hair that I would kill to have, her eyes that light completely up when she laughs and the way I can see the wonderful man I am married to in her face. I don't know what I did to deserve God to allow me to be her mom, but she is growing up to be a wonderful young lady. Don't get me wrong, she is like any other child going through her hormonal moments etc. etc., but she has a kind and giving heart, she has morals that don't seem to waiver easily, she is well grounded in her faith, she has an infectious laugh and she is my sweet baby!
God has blessed me tremendously through the gift of my children!

2 comments:

Joddie said...

How sweet! One of the greatest gifts is children and I do believe they are given to us to learn from. Sometimes the things they say make you sit up and take notice or at least for me it has worked that way. They make us grow more spiritually due to us wanting them to know God. Of course, they are so much fun!Glad you both had a fun day together.

Anonymous said...

Our daughters are around the same age so we are going through the same hormonal issues probably! Jessica started middle last year, it's amazing how much they grow in a year. Jessica is NOT the same little girl she was last year, kinda sad to seem them grow so fast. Boo Hoo!!