CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Going Through the "Big D" and Don't Mean "Dallas"!


Well girls, I didn't come back from revival fired up tonight! The sermon tonight was on divorce. This is a subject close to my heart because I have lived it with my mom, my family and my friends. I know that divorce is not what God may have intended, but I know many "wonderful" and "God fearing" people who have gone through it. I know women who gave it their all, to the point of losing themselves and it just didn't work. I think that you have to have walked a mile in the shoes of others before you can truly say what you would do. I am a simple women with a simple mind, but I do not think that God intends you to stay in a marriage that is not a Godly marriage. I don't think that God wants you and your children to stay in a situation that is abusive mentally, physically or spiritually just so you can say that you aren't divorced. I thank God that my mom had the courage to go through divorce. The effect that it has on children was really focused on tonight. I thank my momma for having the courage to realize that sometimes there are worse things than your child "NOT" having a daddy at home and that is daddy "COMING" home.


Hold your head high momma, I love you! Beth
As for the long term affects on your children. We all want to live those Cinderella stories and my mom just wasn't that lucky. Yes, while growing up, times were hard and tennis shoes and jeans were holey, but just as my "Best Friend" recently blogged about herself, we had praying mommas. Momma prayed for me to have the husband that she never had, God sent me "HER" Cinderella story. I am "blessed"!

1 comments:

Pat said...

I have been so blessed by your posts on the truths and inspirations you've gleaned from the revival services at your church. Thank you for sharing and enriching.