CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 7, 2008

I Hear You Lord, Loud and Clear!

What a day, what a day! God showed up and showed out in my heart today. It was one of those Sundays where God convicted you about something from the time you walked in the door. It started out in Sunday school. Our lesson was on forgiveness. One of the key verses was:

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." Collossians 3:12-14


I really needed this verse. I find myself not wanting to forgive others that I think have wronged me. I get mad at the fact that people count on me to forgive them. I get mad that when I forgive someone they don't seem to appreciate it and I get mad at them again. This morning I set and pondered, "Beth, just who in the world do you think you are?". With all that God has forgiven me for in my life and continues to forgive me for daily, who am I to walk around prideful wanting others to make me happy, comfortable and never wrong against me. I felt God telling me, "People make mistakes Beth and news flash, so do you". Walking a Christian walk isn't going to be a bed of roses and I know this in my heart, but I still find myself straying. Lord this morning you have convicted me strongly about being responsible for "my" actions. I have said a million times that I cannot control what others do, but I CAN control what I do and how I react. During the message today the visiting pastor made the statement, "The world has to see something diferent in us as Christians. If all we do is go to church, but the world doesn't see anything different in us then all we've done is simply go to church. You cannot walk with a Holy God and live an unholy life." What powerful words he spoke! I have failed lately to walk that Godly walk. Don't get me wrong, I turn to God daily, but do those closest to me see God in me. You see, for me it is really easy to let those who aren't close see God in us. Whether it be an encouraging word, praying for or with someone or whatever it may be. But the true me, is how I am with those closest to me. I fear lately that has been an ugly sight. The pastor made another statement that said, "Why are children living in sin and straying. Because their parents are!". That popped me right upside the head as well. I fuss at my children for raising their voices or tearing each other down with their words. Lord I fear they learned it from the best, me! Why do they lose their temper, because they see me doing it and not having patience. Why do they tear at each other with their words. Lord they have heard me tear others down with my words. I know what I am doing is wrong and I still let those words leave my mouth.

I have had a humbling day, but am fired up. God has revealed himself to me today in a mighty way and has forced me to look at myself. I am falling short. I must continue to forgive others, because I have been forgiven. It is as simple as that. I need to shut my mouth and let God lead. It doesn't matter how many times someone has hurt or wronged me, as a Christian I must take up the cross and press on and forgive. I am falling short outside of church. It is in the times when I let my guard down with those closest to me that the true me is seen. Lord I pray that I bind my tongue in my mouth and not speak words that tear others down. That I can be the same person to my family and friends, that I can so easily be to others. And Lord lastly, but definately not least. I pray that I can be a better example for my children. Lord I know that I won't be able to get back even the second that just past. If you took me home today, did I truly provide for my children. I feed them, cloth them and even take them places that are fun and spend time with them. But am I leading them in your truth? Am I living your truth as an example for them. How short I fall, but today "revival" has not just taken place at church, but in my heart. I was sooo full when I left church that I couldn't wait to get on this computer and share what He had done for me today. Anybody can talk the talk, but Lord help me to also walk the walk, YOUR WALK!

3 comments:

melanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
melanie said...

I know what you mean girl! I got spoke to quite a bit Sunday myself! Wasn't it great though! :)

Unknown said...

When we open our hearts and minds HE will speak to us. See what we would have missed if we had stayed home, Sunday. Faye