CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 8, 2008

Sometimes I just need the dirt beat out of me!

What a crazy Monday back at school. We've been out for a week, I can't seem to get my lesson plans together and on top of everything I have duty! I am sooo tired. I came home today and managed to scrap out some supper (the joys of hamburger helper and green beans) and made it to revival. Boy could I have curled up and went to sleep! I know that is a crazy title for a blog, but that's one of the things that stands out most about what the pastor said at revival tonight.

He said, "Just as the women used to go to the river and beat their dirty laundry against a rock to get the dirt out of it, many times we also must take a beating before we give up and clean ourselves of sin". I think he knows me, Ha! Ha! Why is it that I find myself beating all around the bush not wanting to admit I am wrong, that I take a beating out of life before I give in.

Another thing that he said was, " The sin we cover, God will uncover. The sin we uncover God will cover". Those are "powerful" words to me. I find myself trying to make my way the right way! Why not, right! Well, newsflash to me, it's God's way. I have taught my own children and Sunday school children and school children that, "God sees everything". Why is it that I think that I can hide my heart? It doesn't matter what I do to camouflage it, God knows. After all, you can put perfume on a skunk, but it will still stink! Okay, I'm delirious, I know, but I thought that was cute. :-)

The words, however; that stepped on my toes the most tonight was about something that I find myself doing alot. Many times I don't voice it, but once again, GOD knows! It was, "Coming to worship with unconfessed sin will completely rob you of the joy of worship. It will allow you to notice everything that you think went wrong with the service, but nothing of God's message and worship you were intended to experience. Sin affects everything!". Wow! It is through these words that I realized why many times I am not worshiping to the fullest. It isn't because someone doesn't accommodate my taste or do things like I would have, it is because of ME.

What a powerful night in worship, what powerful words! Lord, I am sorry that I have to be beaten against a rock before I finally get clean. I am like a child that their father is constantly telling, "Don't get dirty" (the dirt being sin), and I still do what I want and think that my father will not see the dirt. Dirt is dirt and their is no way to hide it.

Okay, I know I have rambled tonight, but I have just been excited about the words that it seems that God has sent especially for me. I think HE knows me or something! Have a "great" week!

0 comments: