CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I Need My Mouth Stapled, Not My Ear! :-)

In my heart of hearts, I am a fit and energectic woman just screaming to get out! To bad this women hasn't let the rest of my body know. I have bought all of the exercise equipment, paid "hundreds" to Weight Watchers, taken a variety of diet gimicks, subscribed to healthy magazines and even went as far as to let someone put a staple in my ear and I am still overweight. I think in all my wisdom I'm finally beginning to figure out that you have to actually do something more than pay your money or read to get into better shape. Darn it!!

I know that our body should be our temple, but if that is the case, mine seems to take on the shape of Budha!! Ha! Ha! I had Bunko last night, which I enjoy. Good food, good friends and good fun. We were talking about how hard it is to lose weight. Why is that? It should simply be mind over matter, but my "mind" won't do what it should "no matter" what I want!

My children got a parent involvement sheet that wanted us to keep a weekly log of things that we do together day-to-day that count as exercise, HA! I got to thinking about it and unless you can count walking in the kitchen to cook or walking back and forth from the laundry room as exercise, I am truly sad! I believe they mean something in addition to those things, ya think. The closest thing I do to a leg lift is getting in the bathtub. I am 35 years old and I do nothing "intentionally" for exercise. I watch each birthday pass me by and always vow that I am going to get it together, but never do. My biggest fear is waking up one day and realizing that my children are grown and my youth is passing and I have just wasted it. That I wasted having the energy to not just watch my kids play, but play with them. That I spent the years that I should have been really enjoying life to the fullest, tired and worn out. One thing that is sticking out the most is watching my beautiful baby girl growing up and taking on my self image, as well as my attitude on being fit. She deserves more!

I am tired of being tired! I have blamed it for years on my being busy, but these days, EVERYONE is busy, that's just an excuse I use.

Simply put, I need to get up off of this big "tush" following me and make changes in my life. I've started some cut-backs on food, not a diet, simply cut backs. Today I walked a mile after school, mind you I counted every single minute until I was through, but I made it. Maybe my "mind" will realize that is does "matter". I need to do this not just for myself, but for my family!
Wish me luck, I assure you I will need it! :-)

4 comments:

Jill McCormick said...

Amen, Amen, and Amen!

melanie said...

GOOD LUCK! Believe me, I know where you are coming from! I have done all of those things too without any success. Haven't quite grasped the concept that it is an "everyday" thing not just a hit and miss thing.

Unknown said...

Life is like a box of chocolates. Gee!!!! I ate the whole box - does that mean life is over with. Seems like every Monday I start the day telling myself from now on I'm going to eat properly and do some type of exercise everyday. Somewhere between Noon and Bedtime the box of chocolates was eaten, again. Hang in there, Faye

Chonda said...

Oh my! Imagine I read this on the day I stated "This is the first day of the rest of my life!" We can do this!! Strong minded women we are.. I'll remind you if you remind me!!!