CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Just a Really Good Day!

Today has just been a really good day!
Sunday school was good this morning. We were talking about putting things off, like losing weight, witnessing, staying right with God, daily prayer and the list goes on. We talked about how we are not guaranteed even another minute on this Earth and how we should truly live each second like it was our last. This brought alot of things home for me about my daily walk, my weight and so on.

I left Sunday School and played hooky from church and took my mom, Baleigh and her friend Emily to Jackson for my mom's birthday. (I know, shame on me!) We ate a late breakfast at Cracker Barrel, browsed in a couple of places and then took my mom to see the movie "The Women", which is all she asked for for her birthday.

You would know the major plot to the movie is how we live and carry on in a way that we think is pleasing to others and how you don't truly live until you have happiness in yourself. These women thought they were holding it all together and everyone watching them could see different, the message was that you can't hold anything together if you have no joy or self acceptance yourself.

Again, I here you Lord! I really enjoyed my day with my mom and my daughter. We laughed, talked and simply enjoyed each other's company. We aren't guaranteed tomorrow, so I am glad that I had today!

By the way, I didn't eat all of the icecream!

3 comments:

melanie said...

I knew I missed you in church...I'm glad yall had a great day. It's nice to just get away and spend the day with your mom. Have a great week! Love ya!

Stephenie said...

Hi Beth! Good to "see" you...glad that your weekend was a good one. We are all blessed when we can spend time with the ones we love. Hoep you are doing well!

Leigh Ann said...

I don't know how to communicate with you through blogs! I added you to my blog! Hope it worked! : )