CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Take it easy Gustav!

Another Sunday morning has rolled around and I am thankful for another week. It has been a rough week for many reasons, but as I watch Louisiana tags rolling down the road, my problems seem so small. We started taking in dogs and cats at the vet clinic yesterday and have taken in many more today. The look of uncertainty on peoples faces is heart wrenching. I know pets are pets, but many left with not alot more with them than their pets. It is hard for them to part with them even though they know we will take care of them. God has a way of showing us through others that we should quit wollering in ourselves and our problems, by showing us people who truly have problems. I have to pause today and ask God to forgive me for getting so caught up in my "bad" week and pray for those who are leaving all of their possessions and homes behind and being separated from their families. I think of those who have no or limited funds in their pockets, but have wide eyed babies looking at them wondering where they will stay tonight and saying that they are hungry. It has been in the storms of my life that I have learned the most. Lord, thank you for humbling me on this Sunday afternoon, if you can use me in the midst of this storm, Lord use me!

0 comments: