CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 25, 2008

Just Another Manic Monday...

I am easily reminded of a song that I once danced around to in my "parachute pants" with the lyrics, "Just another manic Monday". Those of you around my age know what song I'm talking about. (You know about those parachute pants too, just admit it!) Well Mondays are just that, "Manic"! You would think that when you are coming off of a weekend that you would be refueled and energized, but somehow you can't seem to get yourself out of bed and your running on a half of a tank. After waking up late with only about 45 minutes to get dressed your son announces that he has a book that he was suppose to have read this weeked and that he was going to be tested on it today, you realize that you have nothing that is already ironed, so your off to the ironing board, your daughter announces at the last minute that you need to straighten her hair (mind you she's been watching cartoons for the last 20 minutes), then your son announces that you still had to put the pizza rolls for his lunch in the oven, so snatch and grab and away I go. It is amazing that God allows us moms to get 2 hours worth of work into a mear 45 minutes. As I sit here tonight with my family fast asleep, I must thank God for this "Manic Monday", for my children that keep me on my toes and busy, for the job that is demanding and tiresome, but fullfilling and for the friends that I am allowed to share it all with! Thank you Lord!

0 comments: