CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 17, 2008

His Grace Covers Me

Well, I got off to a rough start today. Felt rotten this morning and missed church. Pat did nursery without me, of course with a fill-in sidekick. Today was a special Sunday, a really good friend of mine's child got baptized this morning. I have watched this child grow over the years and am so proud to see her make the decision to accept Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior. Our babies are growing up right before our eyes, it was just yesterday that she was in the nursery with my Thomas every Sunday morning across from my Sunday School class and her mom was trying to get her potty trained. Where does the time go! It just makes you realize how important it is to live as examples before my own babies. I spent all day cleaning up at a "snails pace", but got a little accomplished. I found myself wishing all day that I had a substitute for the Sunday night Discipleship class that I teach. I literally drug myself to church and sat down to put in my time and then we sang a song with the words, "He covers me", referring to God's grace. That's when I realized that it was no mistake that I was there and I felt the warmth of God's love surround me. Lord thank you for pursuing me at all times! I know I've rambled tonight, but it's a "random thought" kinda' night! Have a "great" week girls!

0 comments: