CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sticker Shock....

Oh dear me, it started out as my baby girl signing up to play in the band. Harmless, right? Well then there is the band meeting, the presentation, the price, the payment plan and my head starts spinning! Everything starts getting blurry and then it happens, I sign on the dotted line. It was a complete conspiracy! I shant even say how much one little silver flute cost me, but I am sure somewhere I had to sign over rights to my first grandchild. From the mouth of my best friend, "This is just the first of many". I remember her saying the same thing about a pageant dress not to long ago. However; you can't take it with you! The look of joy on my child's face when she got that little black case containing that shiny silver flute, no monthly payment can pay for. Lord thank you for giving me the means to not only provide necessities for my babies, but to allow them to do the not so necessary things that mean so much to them! :-)

2 comments:

Pat said...

Trust me...every dime you spend on your kids being in Band will be well worth it! Made a huge difference in my life and my career.

Lil_Britt_Girl said...

I totally feel your pain, woman! But you are exactly right... the look on their faces when they received their instruments is payment enough! Matt chose the trumpet! As far as practicing goes... so far so good. I just hope he keeps it up!