CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

19 Years Together and He's Still Got It!


Do you ever just catch yourself looking at your husband and wondering, "What did I do to deserve you?". You catch a glimpse of him out of the corner of your eye or you simply watch him doing something that you see him do every day, but your heart still races like it did when you were in high school. Nineteen years we've been together and I still do. Lately I have found myself just staring at Pat and thanking God for sending him to me. You know, when we were younger "sexy" simply meant a nice hiny, good smelling cologne, a gentlemen etc. I just have to tell you there is nothing sexier to me than a man who will spend time with his children and my husband always has time for his children. He will load them up in a heart beat and take them off for the day, whether it be hunting, fishing etc. He always has time for our babies. Another thing that is sexy is a man who is there for his wife. Pat is my safe place to land. In those deep dark times when I am worried, scared or I feel like the world is closing in, it is in his arms that I find comfort. There is nothing that I can't turn to him with. He is my security. I find God bringing us closer daily through situations that life brings our way. Just this weekend I was upset over a situation and he was able to sit back and see it through my eyes. I find us trying to understand each other during times of disagreement, instead of standing off and letting stubborn pride come between us. We laugh together, cry together, budget money together, raise our babies together, pray together, grow together and the list goes on. The important word is that we do it all "TOGETHER". My best friend and I were talking recently about our husbands and how we enjoy spending time with them and how blessed we were to have the marriages that we have. I love the fact that we can get together and "giggle" and "laugh" with each other about them like we were still dating them and how we truly enjoy them. I believe God sent Pat specifically for me. He completes me! As for the hiny, cologne and gentlemen, well girls, in my eyes he's got that too! And the best part of it all is that he's mine and he loves me unconditionally! Have a "great" week girls!

3 comments:

Jill McCormick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill McCormick said...

There is no secrets with us! They are both very special men... When we are old and gray they will still be making our hearts race and we will still be acting like high school girls over them. Love you!

Chonda said...

I remember when you guys use to come to Kyle's to rope, even as a teenager I saw how you two had the "real thing". God has truly blessed you both with each other & a beautiful family!!