CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Modest Truly is Hottest!

Today was alot of fun!
Baleigh Bug was back (thank goodness, I'm lost without her) and she and I slept in and then headed to Brookhaven to do some shopping. Thomas made sure to ditch us quickly, he didn't want to get caught up in any kind of shopping trip that didn't include the Bass Pro shop.
We of course started out at Cracker Barrel for the late breakfast that we love to go eat together.
We then went shopping for Spring time clothes that she so desperately needed.
We found alot at our "old faithful" stop, Cato, including an absolutely beautiful Easter dress. She looked so grown up in it!
I was really tickled, alot of black clothes out though for Easter, oh well, I'm definitely not a "Fashion Diva" guess that's whats in this year!
While looking through all of the clothes and trying on clothes today, I couldn't help but notice that I kept finding myself hearing the same words over and over from Baleigh, "that's too short", "that's too low cut" and "that fits too tight". Truly music to my ears and I know you mom's would agree! It was one of those "God wink" moments that you realized that you might have done a little something right at some point. In a time where many moms are struggling to get their girls to keep their body parts covered, here is my "angel baby" making sure that hers is. I said, "Baleigh Bug, why are you so worried about these things?" and she said, "Remember the shirt that we got from LifeWay that time momma, Modest is Hottest!"
Thank you Lord for a daughter that makes wise choices that glorify you. A daughter that respects herself enough to realize that she doesn't have to have attention at her own expense. Night guys, :D

1 comments:

Pat said...

How encouraging! That is the kind of young lady that I want my little granddaughter to look up to and admire. You and her daddy are doing a great job with both of your kids!